Buffalo, NY – At its annual meeting Tuesday, the Board of Directors of Kleinhans Music Hall Management, Inc., the non-profit established in 1940 to operate the famous venue, elected Tania Werbizky and Jeremy Oczek to serve three-year terms as members.
Tania Werbizky recently retired from the Preservation League of New York State, where she was Regional Director of Technical and Grant Programs for the past 25 years. In that capacity, she helped countless New Yorkers save the meaningful places in their communities by providing first-rate preservation expertise, one-on-one outreach and consultation, thoughtful preservation strategies and boundless enthusiasm for New York’s historic places. Tania was an instructor at Cornell University’s graduate program in historic preservation.
Jeremy Oczek is an attorney at the firm of Bond, Schoeneck and King, PLLC. Mr. Oczek is an intellectual property and technology attorney whose practice is focused on complex intellectual property litigation, counseling, strategic advice, and portfolio development. He works with technology clients nationwide. Prior to joining Bond in 2011, Jeremy spent over a decade practicing law in Massachusetts and had been a partner at the international law firm Proskauer Rose LLP in its Boston office.
The Board also elected Bob Skerker as Chair. Mr. Skerker has served on the Board for the past two years and is a former Trustee of the BPO and a member of the BPO Foundation Board of Directors. Mr. Skerker has a long history of involvement with arts organizations having served as Chair of the Erie County Cultural Advisory Board for many years.
The Board recognized the service of outgoing Board Chair, Chris Brown and member Mary Ann Kresse, conferring Director Emeritus status to both. During their time on the Board, the Hall accomplished a number of milestone projects including a successful $3 million capital campaign which culminated with the celebration of the hall’s 75th Anniversary in 2015
Kleinhans’ other Board members are community members Karen Arrison and Cindy Abbott Letro and City of Buffalo officials, Mayor Byron Brown, Commissioner of Public Works Stephen Stepniak, and Common Council Member David Rivera.
Kleinhans Music Hall opened in 1940, having been built with funds from the estate of Edward and Mary Seaton Kleinhans and the Public Works Administration, under the guidance of the Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo. Kleinhans is a City-owned building operated by Kleinhans Music Management Inc. that hosts nearly 175,000 people per year for hundreds of concerts and events.